Safer than cash, and easy to use anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Just designate an amount and make a simple Gift Card purchase today. Ideal for holidays, birthdays, and weddings, use Gift Cards instead of cash or travelers checks on your next vacation.
Contact a customer service representative today!
ICBA Offers Tips on popular Bank-Issued Gift Cards because consumers need to know the Facts.
- Know the card's terms and conditions - they vary by institution and are generally listed on the card, the card jacket or a separate sheet accompanying the card
- Some cards have an expiration date, which may appear on the card itself, on the card's sleeve or on the issuer's web site
- Keep the card's account number and customer service number in a safe place. You will need this information if your card is lost or stolen
- Sign the card in the space provided
- Know your balance before using the card. Most issuers offer toll-free voice response systems to check your balance. Some banks allow you to check the balance by entering the card number on the bank's website
- Funds are immediately deducted from the available card balance when you make a purchase
- Most major retailers accept split payments - you can pay with the bank issued gift card and pay the balance of a purchase with another form of payment. But you have to tell the merchant the exact amount you want deducted from your bank-issued gift card
- It's a good idea to keep gift cards after the card balance has been used. You will need to show the card if you make a return or an exchange
- There may be fees for maintaining the account beyond a certain time period. Gift card inactivity fees are usually printed on the back of the card